Job Vacancy: Quality Team Member – Paint Shop
Overview: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional Quality Team Member interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Technical Team.
The Quality team ensures that Mobius Motors has uncompromising commitment to delivering the best on every dimension on product and service. This encompasses the following areas:
- Proactive – Quality by design approach to all products, services, and processes at Mobius
- Preventive – Systematic avoidance of problems and variability through inspection, maintenance, and controls, rigorously applied at all points in the value chain – from suppliers to internal processes to customer touchpoints
- Reactive – Rapid corrective actions focused on identification and rectification of root causes, rapidly mobilizing cross-functional teams at Mobius to analyse and resolve problems
Every member of the Quality team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas and Responsibilities
- Inspection process: To follow standardized work and quality standards in all the quality operations to ensure consistency in the process and the final product.
- Repair Inspection: Ensure complete and perfect defects repairs before buy off.
- Material Isolation: Tag and isolate defective materials within the production line.
- Reporting: Ensure accurate documentation of the inspection results, completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Defects Escalation: Ensure effective communication & escalation of defects as per Alarm Escalation Procedure.
Tools & Equipment Maintenance
- Tools Usage: Ensure the appropriate use of the quality inspection tools, equipment and consumables.
- Maintenance: Keep the measurement tools and equipment in operational state and escalate required repairs and calibration.
- Environmental Safety: Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Personal Safety: Proper and appropriate use of the PPE’s when performing inspection operations in the plant.
Continuous Improvement / Team Building
- Process Improvement: Being proactive team member in problem solving and identification of the continuous improvement opportunities.
- Training: Being instrumental in orientation and training of new team members.
- Multi Skills Development: Willing to be multi skilled and support job rotation within quality department in line with the overall objectives of the Company.
Knowledge, skills and any other information required to be successful in this role.
Knowledge & Skills
Academic & Professional
- Diploma in Mechanical/automotive/industrial Engineering
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Outstanding technical skills in quality and/or automotive manufacturing
- Basic Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Be a good listener
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
How to Apply
Applications to be submitted to email@example.com.
Deadline: 19th August, 2018.