Movetech Solutions Ltd is a start up web design, software development and Web hosting Company based in Nairobi.
We are currently looking to hire a Web Developer.
The web designer/developer will carry out design and development of our company websites as well as websites belonging to our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing conceptually strong designs for us and our clients that will be accessible via both desktop and mobile devices.
The candidate will be rolling the designs across various forms of digital media, for example; email marketing, landing pages and content management websites.
The Web Developer will be responsible for:
- Preparing design plans, in conjunction with the clients showing site structure and clarifying goals and functionality.
- Developing interactive designs that will engage site visitors and redefining the same designs within the constraints of cost and time.
- Presenting finalized plans and concepts to the management and clients.
- Installing and configuring server software; installing programming languages and databases on the server and ensuring accessibility on the front end.
- Developing the planned websites according to the planned designs while utilizing text and multimedia items.
- Implementing social media to the websites in order to improve on user experience
- Ensuring the websites are responsive (adaptable to all device screen sizes)
- Testing and improving the designs and websites until everything works as planned
- Protecting websites by designing and installing security precautions.
- Carrying out search engine optimization for company and client websites to ensure that they make top ten positions in all search engines for relevant keywords with the main goal being to increase web traffic on the developed websites.
- Maintaining websites by updating and editing the website with relevant content and graphics, monitoring performance and results, identifying and evaluating improvement options, introducing new technology and maintaining links.
- Creating advertisement media such as product catalogues, in-house and external online advertisements in line with business objectives.
- Using the internet to build customer loyalty through online engagement programs.
- Executing visual elements in projects including online graphics and offline material.
- Sharing news developments on our companies’ social media platform(s) (e.g. Twitter, Facebook) to increase exposure of our companies.
- Updating company websites on a regular basis as necessary
Education: Degree or Diploma in a field relevant to Web Design and Development
- Experience in graphics design with knowledge in Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Corel Draw and any other graphics design software.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications
- Deep knowledge of SEO and social applications Skills Good Team player
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines. Should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to design creative, original and fun graphics that keep up with quality standards.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Interview requirements: Evidence of your creative and technical skills e.g. websites you have personally worked on.
Terms of Job
- Location – Nairobi, CBD
- Working Hours – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (The web/designer will be required to offer help to clients in non-working hours whenever emergencies arise)
The successful candidate will be on probation for three months as his/her work is evaluated to determine whether it is up to the company’s standards.
If the candidate’s skills prove to be up to the company’s standards, he will be hired permanently and his/her salary could be reviewed upwards,
How to Apply
Send CV plus Cover-letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Send Cover Letter with links of websites individually done. Failure to your application will be deleted.