Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland, Dadaab Programme
Job Vacancy: Accountant
Based in Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Project Summary: The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp. MSF provides a full package of medical care through 2 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and OT.
Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners. The selected candidate will be reporting directly to the Project Fin / HR Manager
Start date: End of July
Package: Attractive salary package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover.
Contract duration: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance (includes 3 month probationary period)
The Job Activities include but are not limited to;
- Maintain and update cashbook movements for each petty cash box, record all IN and Out transactions ensure that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and investigate any discrepancy.
- Ensure strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox. Daily cash control, weekly cash inventory, reconciliation with Unifield together with the manager, to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
- Monitor cash advances by ensuring that MSF rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced will be duly refunded.
- Keep track of bills/vouchers and other running costs and analyze the related information (costs, service contracts …) to give reliable information about the project functioning
- Ensure all receipts meet MSF requirements (deadlines, information, signatures …).
- Ensure a monthly accounts report in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
- Inform supervisors of any issues / problems that may arise in their job performance.
- Responsible for filing and archiving accounting documents and send them monthly to Coordination
- Arrange and implement adequate financial training and support to key personnel
- To be a contact person between finance department, suppliers and service providers and ensure timely communication and payments of invoices
Education: Essential, diploma or Professional qualification in accounting / Finance / Business administration
Experience: At least 1 year certified work experience in administration and accounting
Languages: Essential mission and local language (English and Kiswahili)
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet), knowledge of Unifield software is an advantage
Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 16th July 2018 to http://uhired.me/e/job/204
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)