Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland, Dadaab Programme
Job Vacancy: Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Supervisor
Based in Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Project Summary: The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp. MSF provides a full package of medical care through 2 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and OT.
Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners.
The selected candidate will be reporting directly to the Medical Team Leader
Start date: Immediately
Package: Attractive salary package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover.
Contract duration: 5 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance (includes 3 month probationary period)
The Job Activities include but are not limited to;
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis,
evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
- Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Directly responsible for planning, implementing and evaluation of infection control prevention measures at the operating theatre
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- Participating in and supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan..
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and planning daily/weekly routine.
- Reporting any irregularities and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
- Responsible for packing and autoclaving of autoclavable instruments and other materials according to MSF protocols and autoclave manufacturers’ instructions, as well as in
coordination with the Biomed responsible, the upkeep and maintenance of the sterilization room, autoclave, related materials and supplies.
- Oversee the timely rotation of sterilized packs and materials.
- In collaboration with Nursing Team leaders of each department to do daily rotations in each department to review departmental infection prevention control measures.
Education: Nurse or Midwife (or equivalent) diploma
- Previous working experienve with MSF or other NGOs is preferable
- Experience in OT and Intensive Care Unit is and asset
Languages: Essential mission and local language (English and Kiswahili)
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Competences: Results and Quality Orientation, teamwork, flexibility, commitment and Stress Management
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 3rd of August 2018 http://uhired.me/e/job/208
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)