The Nation Media Group PLC has presence in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Studio Systems Engineer.
Job Ref: HR-ENG-07-2018
The successful candidate will report to the Technical Manager for Nation Broadcasting Division and will have the responsibility of ensuring quality generation, transmission and reception of Nation Media Group’s radio and television products.
Maintenance of specialized audio visual equipment, broadcast servers & software, satellite systems, microwave systems, power and air condition systems that support content generation, processing, aggregation, distribution and transmission.
These include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all broadcasting and transmission equipment are operational at all times;
- Carrying out design and implementation of new systems to improve broadcasting and transmission quality;
- Setting up and maintaining studio & link systems required for all outside broadcast and news gathering operations;
- Installing, configuring and testing new broadcast equipment, systems & facilities;
- Minimizing risk of service loss at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision;
- Offering operational support to all broadcast systems users across the entire business:
- Ensuring that the broadcasting division keeps a breast with changing technology and has the most appropriate technology applied at all times;
- Diagnosis of faulty equipment and repair or make appropriate recommendations;
- Planning maintenance schedules for all the equipment and ensuring its implementation;
- Identifying required spares and seeking their approval for purchase;
- Performing routine checks to ensure all equipment, hardware and software systems employed are fit for purpose.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- University graduate in electrical and electronics engineering, telecommunication, broadcasting or related field;
- Good working knowledge of IP networking. Professional networking qualification will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of transmission systems & mediums — satellite links, microwave links, OFC links, encoding & decoding systems, DVBT2 & CAS, etc
- Good knowledge of Audio and Video Delivery over IP;
- Proficiency in server & systems administration Windows server, Linux, Windows7/8/10 and Mac OS) is essential, professional qualifications here will also be an added advantage;
- Good working Knowledge of Video Media Asset Management systems and file metadata management.
- Good working administration knowledge of post, editing and graphics systems
- Knowledgeable in applying best practice for broadcast communications specifically radio, television and online;
- Must have excellent analytical skills;
- Ability and readiness to work long odd hours;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- High degree of integrity and dependability.
- Over 3 years’ experience, relevant experience in media will be an added advantage;
- Ability to administer SQL server & basic Web development will be a big advantage.
The position offers an excellent career growth opportunity and a competitive remuneration package.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careersanationmedia.com by 31st July, 2018.