Our Client, a non-profit organization that provides healthcare services globally seeks to recruit a Human Resources Manager.
He/she will contributes to the organization mission in general and to the Africa Region strategic plan through effective Human Resource strategy building and best practice that supports quality organizational results through high performing and motivated staff.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for employee relations, employee engagement, fair and coherent compensation and benefits, performance and skills management, Payroll administration learning and development, organizational culture as well as recruitment of staff and interns throughout the Africa region.
The Human Resources Manager will be based in the Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Business Partner/HQ to develop and design Human Resources policies and programs to comply with legal regulations and organizational objectives.
- Conducts benchmarking surveys of policy and program issues; prepares analysis of program alternatives and recommends action.
- Works with department heads in preparing job descriptions based on interviews with incumbents and/or completed questionnaires.
- Maintains current knowledge of and compliance with Africa country labour laws, regulations, current practices and developments in the benefits and compensation field.
- Designs and makes recommendations about compensation and benefit plans.
- Implements and manages compensation and benefits plans.
- Conducts various Human Resources surveys, assessments, and analyses periodically.
- Assists in the design, implementation, and management of the annual performance and salary review processes.
- Negotiates with insurance carriers to ensure the most economical premium rates and the best values.
- Manage the marketing of employee benefits.
- Develops, recommends, secures approval for, and implements employee retention programs.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Training and Development, organizes Trainings, Interviewing Skills Training, and Basics of Employment Policies.
- Answers procedural and policy questions from country offices to ensure fairness and consistency.
- Participates in conflict resolution procedures and assists both the Regional Director and Associate Regional Director Finance and Operations with handling complaints.
- Acts as liaison between Human Resources, other country offices and employees regarding human resources issues.
- Maintains and updates the organization organizational charts and employee directory.
- Posts vacant positions on internal and external bulletin boards as well as recruitment web sites and other locations.
- Composes and distributes new employee and promotion announcements.
- Develops, designs and implements recruiting strategies. Write, edits and works with advertising agencies on recruitment job announcements.
- Works with regional staff to screen, interview and recruit, candidates for all levels of open positions via numerous recruitment channels.
- Maintains on-going contact with Team Heads regarding hard-to-fill positions and provides necessary assistance.
- Assists unit heads in negotiating fees, hiring arrangements and employment contracts with agencies, search firms and candidates.
- Keeps the Human Resources Business Partner and the VP Global Operations fully informed of problems, issues, and progress of projects and negotiations on a regular basis.
- Completes special projects as assigned and required.
Position Scope: Responsible for employee relations, employee engagement, fair and coherent compensation and benefits, performance and skills management, learning and development, organizational culture as well as recruitment of staff and interns throughout the Africa region. Develops, recommends and manages the marketing of employee benefits and implementation of retention programs.
Contacts: Regularly interacts with other regional office staff and collaborates with HQ HR Team as appropriate to ensure policies and programs are consistent and fair, the position also facilitates compliance to legal legislations and organizational objective and external interaction with various key players in the industry to ensure ARO benefits, practices and compensation remains competitive.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, plus additional related college courses or professional training in Business, Management or related field required. A postgraduate diploma in human resources management is mandatory. An MBA or masters in Human Resources will be an added advantage. Must be a member of IHRM with a minimum of 7 years in human resources management.
Ability to speak and or write in French a plus.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 7 years of directly related, progressively responsible professional experience in the field of human resources. Recruitment and employee relations experience is required.
Knowledge: Should have extensive current knowledge of employee relation’s laws and regulations in the labor market and the ability to mediate in conflict resolutions. Regularly provide guidance on policy interpretation and implementation.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Acute analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of the job and labor market;
- Current knowledge of employee relation’s laws and regulations; good negotiation, listening and networking skills.
- Ability to follow up and be detail oriented.
- Knowledge and expertise in HRIS system.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Travel a minimum of 25 percent.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with HR Manager on the Subject line.