Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Job Vacancy: Finance Assistant (Kenyan Nationals Only)
Job Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Ref. No: 3546764676
Start date: 01/09/2018
Number of positions: 1
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, Information counselling & legal assistance (ICLA), and water,sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
- Follow up on advances and refunds and ensure timely liquidations.
- Prepare and arrange for bank withdrawals and transfers and present for verification
- Verify all invoices, vouchers and receipts and supporting documents to ensure accuracy,
- Make all approved payments.
- Record vendor payments into Aggresso accounting system for reviewing and approvals.
- Review coding of transactions and supporting documents to ensure their correctness as per the approved budget codes.
- Monitor expenditures, planned costs, committed costs and identify cases of budget over-spent and under-spent to provide relevant information and advice to the budget holders for informed management decisions.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all files and transactions for grant requests, incomes, expenditures, accounting and closure at NRC Kakuma.
- Ensure that the Kakuma office consistently meets all donor and NRC rules and regulations pertaining to finance and procurement.
- Ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place and followed.
- Verify the accuracy, validity, legitimacy of all payments for completeness of financial documents, (purchase requests, work orders, pro forma invoices), proper coding and approval by responsible managers before payments are made. Ensure NRC creditors are paid promptly.
- Prepare monthly Bank reconciliations for review by FO and AM Kakuma
- Degree Finance / Accounting
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar functions.
- Certified Public Accountant part 2
- Knowledge in enforcing internal financial controls
- Computer skills with exposure to accounting systems. Knowledge in using Aggresso accounting system will be an added advantage.
Education field: Finance / Economics
Education level: Academy college / University
- Good communication skills
- Accurate and keen to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Duty station: Kakuma
- Contract period is up to December 2018 with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kakuma
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.no to submit your application online
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Finance
- Role: Assistant
Deadline for application: 09/08/2018