Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Job Vacancy: ICLA Project Officer (Kenyan Nationals Only)
Job Vacancy: Kakuma, Kenya
Ref. No: 3498627273
Start date: 01/09/2018
Number of positions: 1
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, Information counselling & legal assistance (ICLA), and water,sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
Project Officer reports to Project Coordinator
- Responsible for implementation of relevant technical activities in the ICLA project in Kakuma
- Responsible for tracking of financial expenditures of the project
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Ensure relevant data collection and produce reports and analysis as required
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Represent NRC in relevant coordination forums and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Responsible for updating of Somali country of origin information to ensure it is relevant and accurate.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of the translation of the information in Somali language and production of high quality pamphlets.
- Ensure regular information sharing, mine risk awareness and HLP awareness for returnees.
- Ensure all returnees have received return assistance package at departure from Kakuma.
- Develop ICLA proposals, ensure effective implementation and documentation of lessons learnt.
- Ensure proper project budget monitoring and efficient utilization of the funds.
- Supervise, evaluate and appraise the Project Assistant(s), providing technical guidance when needed.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in law.
- Minimum 3 years humanitarian experience with refugees/internally displaced persons (IDPs) at field level with an NGO or other international organization.
- Knowledge of international refugee law and national law applicable to refugees
- Knowledge of SPHERE standards and durable solutions
Education field: Law
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English. Knowledge of Somali an asset
- Duty station: Kakuma
- Contract period is up to December 2018 with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kakuma
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.no to apply online.
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Information, Counselling & Legal Assistance
- Role: Worker
Deadline for application: 07/08/2018