One Acre Fund: We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Vacancy: Case Investigations Associate
Job Location: Western / Rift-Valley
Reports To: Case Investigations Team Lead
Organization Description: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 0ver 500,000 farm families with more than 5,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
Job Description: The Case Investigations Associate will mostly be based in the field, carrying out field visits to interview farmers and field staff, and collect statements. The information collected will be used to resolve farmer complaints around inputs, repayment and the quality of One Acre Fund services.
The agents will be responsible for resolving all cases raised by farmers in the shortest time frame to the highest levels of satisfaction. This is very visible and important position that cuts across many departments at One Acre Fund and supports senior field directors in their execution duties as well as informing and guiding senior departmental heads on programmatic issues.
- Familiarize with all cases of farmer complaints through phone calls to One Acre Fund, through working with the Customer Service Call team
- Meet with the Customer Service Call Team each week to review open cases and ensure the investigation database is up to date
- Prioritize weekly cases to follow up and prepare a travel schedule
- Investigate and acquire relevant documentation including budgets and records for farmer refund payments, UAP insurance payments and inputs delivery documents to detect any anomalies and errors and launch investigations based on the following:
- UAP Insurance: work closely with expense auditor in charge of UAP payments to investigate complaints on this
- wrongly dropped farmers at qualifiers deadline
- refunds for dropped clients and refunds for overpayments
- customer care issues and staff harassment to farmers
- cases on Incentive Fraud, Input fraud and stolen inputs by field staff
- ghost farmer issues
- mobile repayment fraud related issues
- Group Leader level training as follow ups from investigations
- core package issues
- HR related issues
- warehouse staff input balances
- Forward all investigation reports to the relevant parties to ensure resolution and case closure
- Provide recommendations for documentation and process improvement on an ongoing basis
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor
Field Visit Activities
- Schedule visits to investigate cases with Field Directors, Field Leaders and Group Leaders as appropriate
- Meet with impacted and affected parties and obtain written statements and evidence such as default acknowledgement forms and reports from relevant parties for recovery of cash lost by One Acre Fund staff
- Arrange any follow up appointments to help with the investigation
Departmental Liaison Activities
- Work closely with the regional teams on any requirements for the cases and advise on appropriate resolution and recommendations
- Liaise closely with HR and District Office Administrators on all pending disciplinary actions from cases investigated
- Work with the Investigation Management to examine processes and policies to prevent future occurrences
- Must be able to speak either Kalenjin or Luhya
- Must be willing to travel frequently to the field using motorbike taxis in all weather
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems
- Should possess strong conflict resolution skills
- Should demonstrate high levels of integrity and a positive attitude
- Should demonstrate strong attention to detail and possess strong organization skills
- Deep understanding of the One Acre Fund core program model, preferred
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Able to stay calm in all situations
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Case Investigations Associate and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 29th July, 2018.
To apply online, please CLICK HERE.
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed.
At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.