One Acre Fund: We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Vacancy: Crop Health Team Coordinator
Job Location: Kakamega
Reports To: Impact Specialist
Organization Description: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 0ver 500,000 farm families with more than 5,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
Job Description: The Crop Health Team Coordinator will be responsible for managing the Crop Health Response Team agents in the Kakamega and Nyanza headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be in charge of overseeing the execution of routine projects within the department to ensure that data is collected accurately and timely.
1. Manage Crop Health Response Team agents in Kakamega and Nyanza Headquarter offices
- Allocate tasks to Crop Health Response Team agents
- Monitor team performance and report the progress to the Impact Specialist
Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions during weekly check-in
- Train other staff on a variety of professional skills
- Provide regular feedback to agents and create their Performance Development Reviews
- Identify areas for development in the staff and create professional development plans with those staff
Boost productivity and morale of the team
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members
- Suggest and organize team building activities
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Take the lead in on-boarding new Crop Health Response Team agents
2. Oversee execution of routine projects/tools within the department to ensure that data is collected accurately and timely. This includes:
- Crop Health Hotline
- Field assessments
- Farmer impact related surveys
- Field staff impact related surveys
- Crop Health App
3. Manage and respond to stakeholder requests for Crop Health Response Team information and data.
4. Support in creation of crop health data summaries, reports, or analyses to document crop health findings and results.
5. Improve and/or streamline improvements within the Crop Health Response Team
- Improve quality of Crop Health Response Team recommendations to farmers
- Create/improve performance management tools for Crop Health Response Team agents
- Conduct critical analysis of other Crop Health Response Team tools to identify opportunities for improvement
- Follow-up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with Crop Health Response Team services
6. Represents the Crop Health Response Team group in key stakeholder meetings.
- Report on the status of their group’s projects and address issues with the interests of the team in mind.
7. Build strong relationships with Field Leaders to identify areas of concern in the field.
- Respond to Field Leaders’ questions on crop health issues.
- Proactively reach out to Field Staff to verify issues of importance as reported through Customer Engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Project Management, Agriculture or related discipline
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working with small holder farmers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Should possess strong organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office Suite
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Crop Health Team Coordinator and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 6th August, 2018.
To apply, please CLICK HERE.
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.