One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Vacancy: Warehouse Associate
Job Location: Central, Western, Nyanza, Parts of Rift valley
Reports To: Regional Warehouse Lead
Organization Description: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 0ver 500,000 farm families with more than 5,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
Job Description: One Acre Fund’s Logistics department is seeking to fill the position of a warehouse associate. The warehouse associate will manage One Acre Fund’s warehouse inventory, storage and distribution/delivery to clients as per distribution documents that are generated through the roster.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and Vision.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system (SAP).
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate casual work force.
- Act as gatekeeper between One Acre Fund and National Cereals and Produce Board (NCPB)
- Support the logistic team in daily Inventory Management.
- Implement quality and Policy compliance to all One Acre Fund Logistics processes in the warehouse.
- Improve the quality of relationships and interfaces between Logistics team, other departments and stakeholder partners (e.g. NCPB depot management, KEPHIS representatives and Government agencies).
- Supports the development/improvement of casual workforce trainings based on need
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration or Certificate/Diploma in the same field
- 1-year equivalent experience in warehousing
- Specialized training in Procurement and supplies, store keeping, logistics preferred
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and database
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff (casual management)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to withstand pressure, work for longer hours and be receptive to feedback
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- General knowledge of warehouse management best practices
- Ability to speak fluent English and Kiswahili
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Warehouse Associate and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 1 st August, 2018.
To apply online, please CLICK HERE.
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.