Job Vacancy: Operations Manager
Industry: Real Estate
Our client offers services which include asset management, corporate real estate services, facilities management, property and project management, research, shopping Centre management as well as valuations and advisory services.
They are seeking to recruit an Operations Manager who will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the operations of the Mall.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective operations management of Mall and facilities.
a. Service Provider/Contractor liaison
- Maintenance of service level standards
- Maintenance expenditure quotations and specifications
- Liaison with contractors
- Tenant installations and removals
- Management of tender and contract processes
- Reviews the building status/grade annually and maintain the standards within those grade
b. Planning and Co-ordinating
- Implementation and co-ordination of 5-year maintenance plan including planned
- Preventative and emergency maintenance and regular inspections of mall
- Pre and post occupation inspections of individual premises
- Assists in formulation of business plans for the department
c. Parking Management
- Attends monthly / ad hoc interaction meetings all parkades
- In conjunction with the responsible person for parking, maintains accurate control of “in house” operated parkades
d. Expense control
- Benchmarking and analysis by measuring cost analysis of various maintenance expenditure against industry norms
- Checks and approves payment of vendors for maintenance
- Controls cleaning, consumables, electrical and general maintenance
- Controls municipal payments and recoveries there against
- Ensures effective performance of contractors
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective repairs and maintenance of the mall.
a. Asset Maintenance
- Controls/schedules/implements regular preventative maintenance program in line with budget constraints
- Motivation of refurbishments, major repairs as appropriate
- Attends site meetings with contractors in respect of maintenance/expansion of projects and monitors progress
- Inspection / enforcement of tenant responsibilities during and on termination of lease terms
- Liaises with appropriate Government, Provincial and/or local authorities
- Responsible for Compliance of OSH Act
- Supervision of the general Maintenance of Buildings and premises
- All electrical, electronic, mechanical and air conditioning equipment
- Complies with the O H S act and all other statutory requirements
- Management of all Annual Maintenance contracts
3. Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with tenants, suppliers, contractors, and trade professionals.
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, contractors.
- Acts as a liaison between the Company and external contacts.
- Ensures effective coordination of external services with Company operations.
- Obtains and conveys information as appropriate.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned and reports on Operational expenses
Qualifications and Experience
- Business related degree/ Technical degree will be an added advantage
- Additional related maintenance and property management training preferred
- Five or more years of related experience, with at least two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent understanding of Mall management procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing agreements.
To apply, click the link: https://flexi-personnel.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/23005 on or before 3rd August 2018.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.