Our client a manufacturing pet food company in located in Nairobi, along Mombasa Road is looking for a Pet Nutritionist.
Your role as a pet nutritionist will be to promote a better understanding of the effect of diet on the health, well-being and productivity of pets (dogs, cats and fish).
You will also be involved in the production of food for the pets through an extrusion process for dog, cat and fish and give advice on issues related to feeding them.
As a pet nutritionist, you’ll need to:
- Evaluate the chemical and nutritional value of feeds, feed supplements, grass and forage for the pets
- Formulate diets and rations to maximize growth, reproduction, health and performance
- Assess the relative nutritional and economic value of feeding systems
- Research the effectiveness of dietary regimes
- Conduct animal-based studies and laboratory trials
- Support the food technologist in their work
- Liaise with producers and clients to understand their targets and objectives, and the specific needs of the market
- Monitor feed formulations to meet quality performance and animal health standards
- Rationalize animal feed manufacturing techniques
- Expand existing ranges of pet food products and develop new ones
- Support commercial teams in producing and launching new products
- Carry out sales and marketing strategies following the launch of a new product
- Balance growing consumer interest in quality with the need to develop competitive agricultural systems
- Maintain expertise in nutritional trends and keep up to date with regulatory changes
- Use software to formulate diets, conduct research and generate reports
You’ll need to show:
- An understanding of the scientific basis of nutrition
- Familiarity with analysing data and writing reports
- The ability to conduct research in a safe, ethical and reliable manner
- The capability to formulate and communicate ideas
- The capacity to form long-term relationships with customers and clients
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of science and the validity of others’ viewpoints
- Business management, time management and personal development skills
- Advanced numeracy, it and internet skills
- Drive, perseverance, dedication and a willingness to work long hours.
- A science degree in Animal Science, Applied Animal Science, Zoology or related science degree
- 1-2 years’ experience as a pet/animal nutritionist.
CLICK HERE to apply online.