Job Title: Plumber
- Installs, maintains, and repairs pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures.
- Fixes domestic appliances, such as dishwashers and gas cookers. Inspects drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and national regulations.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
How to Apply
If you qualify send copies of your certificate and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.