Our client, Porticus is the International organisation that manages and develops the philanthropic programmes of charitable entities established by Brenninkmeijer family entrepreneurs. Porticus currently operates twelve offices on five continents and annually supports more than 2,000 partner organisations in over 90 countries.
Working within areas of education, society, faith as well as in the fields of economic development and climate change, Porticus aims to contribute to systemic social change by combining its global expertise with its grassroots networks all over the world.
Porticus is seeking to recruit a talented and result-oriented individual to fill the position of a full time Grants Administrator to be based in Nairobi.
The role reports to the Grants Manager with regular travel within the region.
- Responsible for operating the grant administration system (Salesforce/MIS);
- Assess grant applications and ensure appropriate internal follow-up and external responses to grant applications;
- Interact with partners, providing feedback to partners in order to enhance partnerships and programmes;
- Support the Grants Manager in reviewing eligibility assessment of prospective grantees; ensure that the grants review and award process is in line with Porticus grants policies and procedures,
- Support the team in project management while monitoring due dates for reports, scheduled payments, pending applications etc;
- Plan partners site visits in the region;
- Prepare aggregated grant reports in line with Global Office requirements;
- Provide administrative support and planning for the grants department;
- Contribute to grant and programme development including research and M&E analysis;
- Prepare and provide data analysis and management including analysis of program reports and trends; and
- Handle communication between Porticus and partners.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of 4-5 years professional experience in the development sector;
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters is an added advantage;
- Fluency in English and Swahili;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Skilled in Office 365 and other MS software, familiar with database management;
- Team player with good organisational skills;
- Charity/NGO experience is an advantage; and
- Desire to contribute towards helping others and the greater good.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application and copies of your academic and professional certificates via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should include among other details your employment record, your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Monday 6th August 2018.