Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions. We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
Claims Analyst (General Insurance Business)
Reporting to the Claims Manager, the Claims Analyst’s overall purpose will be to correctly process claims, whilst ensuring cost containment, timeliness and adherence to company policies.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Ensure that claims notified are covered in terms of the Policy issued and that they are registered promptly.
- Enter new claims on computer system Management Information System (MIS), in a timely manner.
- Analyze claims supporting documents to establish liability.
- Communicate with intermediaries and direct clients to obtain information necessary for processing of claims, liaise with the underwriters, beneficiaries, departments and subsidiary offices to facilitate claims processing.
- Appointment of Assessors/Investigators up to the authorized limit in liaison with the Claims Manager, monitor progress and ensure reports are received promptly.
- Identify risk improvement measures and prepare suitable interventions and make recommendations to management.
- Adjust and maintain correct claim reserves.
- Maintain a register of claims to be recovered.
- Initiate recovery from negligent third parties and promptly hand file to Legal Section.
- Attend to client queries on claims.
- Prepare relevant departmental and management reports for analysis by the 5th of every month.
- Fulfill further duties which may be required in addition to the above.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Claim processing.
- Professional Qualification in Insurance (ACII, AIIK)
- Knowledge of General Insurance claims procedures, processes and the regulatory environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Builds relationships and focuses on the customer.
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly send your updated CV listing 3 referees and availability should you be offered the position to email@example.com by Close of Business on Sunday, 8th July 2018.
Ensure you quote the position title – Claims Analyst – on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.