Trianum is the leading hospitality management company in Kenya. It is currently managing 5 Hotels and Serviced Apartments with over 500 rooms and has one (1) new property scheduled to open soon.
We are seeking to fill the following position:
Restaurant Hostess / Captain
- Assists the Restaurant Manager in directing and organizing the staff at Executive Residency by Best Western to the expected standard of service, food & beverage offerings and marketing to maximize profits and guest satisfaction.
- He/She interacts with the rest of the departments as a member of the team as well as the team from Trianum Hospitality.
- He/she is responsible for promoting the desired work culture around Trianum’s core values.
- Diploma/Certificate in Food & Beverage Service from any Hospitality recognized Institution.
- Proficiency in hotel management systems and Microsoft office applications
- Candidates must have at least 2 years’ working experience in the same position, from either 3 or 4* hotels/hotel apartments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming all guests that come to the restaurant pleasantly, escorting and allocating tables that are clean and fully set up as per the hotel standard.
- Checking and updating the restaurant bookings, allocating tables and reservations made in the restaurant, following up bookings to get confirmations and keeping the team informed of all bookings.
- Directs and instructs the restaurant personnel on customer needs to ensure customers receive fast and quality service from the moment they arrive.
- Recommending meals and beverages to guests in the restaurant when they arrive and handing over tables to station waiters.
- Ensuring that each table has a waiter attending to the guests
- Highlight any complaints made by the customers and see to it that the guests receive their feedback timely.
- Maintain a neat, organized front-of-house environment
- Liaise between staff and customers to ensure great service
- Liaising between the other employees and the management and acting as a mediator in case of a dispute
- Reporting about the everyday business of the restaurant to the management and bring to their notice if any problem has arisen
- Give creative inputs in the design of the restaurant
- Act as a way of communication between the kitchen and the restaurant staff, by relaying orders to the kitchen and ensure all orders are filled in a timely and accurate fashion
- Handling special needs or guest requests including birthday cakes, anniversary celebrations, special messages, floral deliveries and all other special events and celebrations.
- Order table linens, napkins and other dining room supplies
- Maintaining all buffet signage in correct description and condition as well as maintaining all wine lists and menus in good condition
- Attending to any other job as assigned by the supervisory and management.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees.
- Solicit feedback and reviews from guests concerning the service and food & beverage offerings in all outlets and thanking all guest for their patronage on exit
- Collecting business cards from patrons and updating the guest data base
- Work closely with supervisory team to ensure all food, beverage, wine menus are included in the monthly inventory.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, indicating your suitability to this role together with a copy of your updated resume (attach a coloured passport photo), your current and expected remuneration and benefits to: email@example.com by Wednesday, 1st August 2018.
Trianum is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.