Save the Children
Job Title: Country Director – Kenya
Team / Programme: East and Southern Africa Regional Senior Leadership
Grade: Level 2
Contract Length: Open Ended
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently) or intensively because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs.
Role Purpose: As a member of the East and Southern Africa Senior Leadership team, you will have shared accountability for Save the Children’s international development and emergency programming in the region of approximately $400 million each year through an organisation of over 5,500 people.
The Country Director will lead the transformation of the country to a new operating model, whilst also delivering Save the Children’s strategy within the country through: –
- Delivering quality programmes, including advocacy, for children; and
- Ensuring world class stewardship of resources from Members and their donors.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Regional Director – East and Southern Africa
Dimensions: Kenya office has over 237 staff with an annual budget of around US$ 16.8 million, both through direct implementation and partners, with a solid advocacy strategy and agenda.
Number of direct reports: Senior Management in-Country (six positions).
Key Areas of Accountability: As a member of the Regional Senior Leadership Team, contribute to strategic development and delivery of integrated international programming, across all humanitarian and development contexts, in line with the Save the Children mandate, strategy and theory of change.
- Deliver transformational change in-country;
- Strategic Leadership
- Be accountable, and develop the capacity of, mentor and hold Senior Management Team
- Audit, Corporate Governance compliance
- Safety and Security Management
- Child Safeguarding
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree level qualification or equivalent length of experience in the sector
- Substantial experience of building, leading and developing a diverse team of senior staff to deliver on both development and humanitarian programs
- Experience of working with donors to secure and/or manage new large-scale and/or competitive funding
- Experience of leading high profile advocacy and campaigning initiatives
- Experience in managing a growing county office and the need to balance growth with capacity
- Experience of leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders
- Experience of building personal networks, including government, at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable with developing highly ambitious business strategies at scale and the track record of delivering on these
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Excellent understanding of programme, financial and operational management processes
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development
- Strong and nuanced cultural awareness
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English
- Commitment to the Save the Children values.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV as a single document to: EA.email@example.com.
Applications close on 16th July 2018
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.