Job Vacancy: Senior Accountant
The Accountant will be responsible for providing overall leadership and oversight with respect to all financial matters including planning, budgeting, forecasting, statutory compliance, tax, accounting and reporting.
The job holder will also be responsible for putting in place systems, processes and procedures that enables efficient and effective delivery of results and put up measures that enable continuous improvement within the Accounts Department.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are issued on a timely basis and are accurate and complete.
- Ensure timely payroll processing and remittance of statutory deductions.
- Establishing and maintaining proper systems, procedures and controls that ensure financial resources and assets are managed prudently and in accordance with the budget.
- Ensuring proper matching of financial assets and liabilities and timely collection of debts and payment of suppliers and maintaining of an appropriate credit control policy.
- Ensure appropriate statutory compliance including on taxation matters.
- Ensure all other tax returns are filed and tax payments made in a timely manner.
- Monitor the company’s daily cash position ensuring cash is held in appropriate accounts.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Prepare short term cash flow forecasts.
- Manage and improve the financing of working capital and generation of cash flow.
- Ensure proper matching of financial assets and liabilities and timely collection of debts and payment of suppliers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- Professional qualifications in CFA, CPA, or ACCA with relevant registration with either of the professional bodies.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Good understanding of VAT and Income Tax Act.
- Experience in risk management, information systems and logistics.
- Experience in setting up an accounts department and or working in an organization that has implemented ISO certification will be an added advantage.
Salary: Ksh 60,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th July 2018