Our client in in Wildlife Conservation in Laikipia Region, Kenya is looking to fill the following position:
Full Time Senior Carpenter
Reporting to the Workshop & Infrastructure Manager, the Senior Carpenter, will performs a multitude of carpentry tasks from start to finish, often coordinating jobs with other skilled labour (plumbers, electricians)
Duties will include:
- Performs all duties of Carpentry with additional responsibilities involved with managing and supervising major projects (blueprint reading required).
- Assists the Workshop and Infrastructure Manager in determining work assignments and allocating resources.
- Assess materials and estimate cost required for given projects and follow-up of pending works with reports
- Lead or direct the activities of other Carpenters.
- Analyse, plan and perform carpentry works within given time frame.
- Make different kinds of furniture / joinery with good finishing.
- Give proposals of joinery work on the best and cost effective approach.
- Knowledge in the use of electric carpentry equipment i.e. planners, jigsaws, sander and drills.
Skills & Experience desired
- Academic “O” level or equivalent;
- Government Grade III certificate in carpentry and joinery or an equivalent;
- Good computer skills;
- Have a valid driver’s licence;
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to direct the work of others and provide training.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Good sense of workmanship and quality conscious
- Meticulous, with ability to work independently and in a team
- Salary and benefits will be discussed at time of interview and/or any offer being made and will be commensurate with experience and equivalent roles within the industry and the business itself.
- The roles are located full-time on-site and accommodation will be provided.
Interested candidates should send their application with a copy of their CV and MUST indicate their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.