Our client in in Wildlife Conservation in Laikipia Region, Kenya is looking to fill the following position:
Full Time Senior Plumber
Reporting to the Workshop and Infrastructure Manager, the Senior Plumber will perform a multitude of plumbing tasks which include installing, maintaining, and repairing of pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures
Duties will include:
- Assist the Workshop and Infrastructure Manager in determining work assignments and allocating resources.
- Lead or direct the activities of other plumbers.
- Give proposals of plumbing work on the best and cost effective approach
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
- Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
- Maintain and repair damaged sinks, broken pipes, WCs, clogged drains, etc.
- Install underground sanitary, drainage, and water supply piping systems
- Utilize provided tools in fitting of valves, couplings and components for tanks, pumps or other plumbing system
- Ensure that bore holes submersible pumps and booster pumps are always in working and serviceable state.
- Dig trenches/install pipes and piping fixtures for water or sewage systems
- Ensure compliance with building codes and set safety standards
- Inspect plumbing systems to identify issues and initiate repairs
- Liaise with the Workshop and Infrastructure Manager to ensure an effective plumbing system within the conservancy
Skills & Experience desired
- Academic “O” level
- Government Grade III certificate in Plumbing or an equivalent
- Good communication skills
- 4-7years experience in similar position
- Good Computer Skills
- Experience of working in conservation and/or Tourism industry will be beneficial but not essential
- Problem solving and analytical Skills
- Good Communication skills;
- Good sense of workmanship and quality conscious;
- Meticulous, with ability to work independently and in a team;
- Salary and benefits will be discussed at time of interview and/or any offer being made and will be commensurate with experience and equivalent roles within the industry and the business itself.
- The roles are located full-time on-site and accommodation will be provided.
Interested candidates should send their application with a copy of their CV and MUST indicate their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.