Our Client, a small supermarket based in Nakuru, Kenya, seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Accountant.
Job Purpose: Accurate execution and recording of financial transactions and preparing financial reports.
- Maintaining books of accounts
- Budget development
- Reconcile suppliers statements and payments
- Payroll administration
- Prepare and remit all statutory returns in a timely manner
- Undertake accounting for inventory
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare timely monthly and annual financial statements and management accounts
- Cash flow forecasting and management
- Credit control
- Coordinate annual audit
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K)
- Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage
- 3 – 4 years’ relevant experience preferably in retail sector
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting packages
- Attention to detail/ high level of accuracy
- Good organisational skills
NB: The position is based in Nakuru County.
The incumbent must be willing to put in long working hours.
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject heading.
Your application should consist of a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Word or PDF with three (3) professional referees.
DO NOT attach copies of certificates/ testimonials. Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter. The deadline for submission of applications is Thursday 12th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.