Vacant Position: Product Development Specialist – VAS
Reporting to: Head of Product & Services Development
Role Purpose: The VAS Manager is responsible for developing and managing the Telkom Value Added Services portfolio based on market requirements and technology capabilities.
The role will be responsible for achieving annual revenue and product performance targets and ensuring that Telkom has and a competitive edge in the VAS domain.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop, maintain and control specifications for Telkom VAS and messaging product portfolio taking customer concerns, business processes, organisational, cost and vendor product limitations into account. Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility and design optimization
- Development of win-win partnerships within the VAS portfolio for Telkom through development of E2E onboarding, contracting & revenue sharing processes.
- Ensure a seamless Customer experience on all VAS services by working closelty with internal and external stakeholders
- Engagement with VAS partners to create a Smart VAS roadmap for Telkom and followup to ensure all products are developed and launched within scpe, budgets and timelines
- Alignment of products and services offering to ensure optimal profitability while remaining competitive in the market
- Monetization of the VAS business within Telkom.
- Ensure product and services offerings are aligned to increase the customer experience, acquisition and retention for all departments
- Ensure all VAS products are managed through the existing Time To Market processes.
- External stakeholders management such as regulators, MNOs and Content partners.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- At least 2-3 years in telecommunication/ VAS product development
- Experience working with VAS partners, Content developers and aggregators is an added advantage.
- Customer Focus
- Networking & Building Partnerships
- Influencing & Negotiation
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Analysis
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 29th July 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.