USAID – US President’s Malaria Initiative
PMI VectorLink Kenya Project
Job Vacancy: Country Finance & Administration Manager
Background: Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
Abt Associates Inc. seeks candidates for its phase two recruitment for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following positions.
Kindly note that the position is pending approval and client funding.
Country Finance & Administration Manager
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Financial Manager (Senior)-LOCAL / Country Finance & Administration Manager oversees and directs all aspects of finance and administrative support for the Vector Control TO1 Project in the country.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets and annual workplans.
- Prepare accurate financial reports, and monthly cash fund’s request in close coordination with senior project staff.
- Prepare annual site office revenue projections and update budget tracker forecast on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the project operations are in compliance with all USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Support the startup, general operations, and closedown of the IRS program.
- Manage the financial operations and financial reporting of the country program, providing guidance, training and technical assistance to financial and non-financial management personnel.
- Supervise and coach the project Accountant, Finance Assistants and other Administrative staff
- Conduct a financial brown bag on a quarterly basis to build the financial capacity of technical and operations personnel on different financial topics including compliance, travel, budgeting, forecasting and procurement.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data measurements on financial performance of project activities and develop/recommned cost cutting and compliant strategies to implement the project with less resources
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
- Manage the timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROV) to the headquarters office.
- Serve as the project’s contact with the client on finance and administrative issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns.
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements.
- Develop and implement a payment system for seasonal spray operators and community mobilizers.
- Develop and implement systems to streamline financial practices and procedures.
- Inform and maintain project FCA at Headquarters updated on all contractual, financial and legal issues affecting the project
- Perform random audits of inventory to make sure inventory reports prepared by operations team are always accurate and up to date.
- Oversee Human Resource activities affecting the project including but not limited to the hiring, termination, benefit tracking and legal disputes affecting current and former site office personnel.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (desirable), in Business , Administration, or other relevant field.
- At least six (6) years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-finded projects.
- Significant experience managing and supervising financial and procurement management personnel.
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable.
- Fluency in English.
Duty Station / Location: Nairobi, Kenya
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Office Manager” by COB Tuesday, July 31st, 2018.
Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.