USAID – US President’s Malaria Initiative
PMI VectorLink Kenya Project
Job Vacancy: Office Manager
Background: Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
Abt Associates Inc. seeks candidates for its phase two recruitment for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following positions.
Kindly note that the position is pending approval and client funding.
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Administration Manager, the Kisumu Office Manager provides a wide range of administrative and logistical support to the PMI VectorLink Kisumu Central Project Office.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, personnel files, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, files of project deliverables, minutes of meetings, and project reports.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Manages petty cash payments and reconciles petty cash balances monthly.
- Oversee the proper reporting of labor time and ensure the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor Adjustment Forms, when needed.
- Collection of VAT refunds from suppliers after issuing them with VAT exemption certificates.
- Monitoring and ensuring staff per diems and claims are processed in a timely manner,
- Management and monitoring of the service providers’ contracts,
- Monitor and keep track of the staff leave request files.
- Receive and verify expense reports and project vehicle logs,
- Assist the Finance team in the preparation of monthly financial reports as may be assigned,
- Ensure proper filing of financial documents, data and other correspondence for future audits and reviews, ensuring security and confidentiality of the documents in line with organization policy and donor requirements,
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages
- Greet, advise, and escort guests.
- Purchase, store and distribute office supplies.
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
- Manage local procurements for office supplies and other requirements.
- Prepare and send pouches to Nairobi, Homa Bay and Migori project offices as needed.
- Assist with making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Assists the VectorLink Kenya Finance & Administration Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
- Assist the office in establishing procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service delivery and identify cost savings and promote efficiency use of project resources,
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Secondary School (minimum), or a Bachelors Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field (desirable).
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience in office administration.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- English language fluency.
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu, Kenya
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Office Manager” by COB Tuesday, July 31st, 2018.
Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.