USAID – US President’s Malaria Initiative
PMI VectorLink Kenya Project
Job Vacancy: Warehouse Manager
Background: Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
Abt Associates Inc. seeks candidates for its phase two recruitment for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following positions.
Kindly note that the position is pending approval and client funding.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Manager will serve as the lead person in warehousing and the supply chain activities at the Kisumu Central Warehouse.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead VectorLink Kenya project activities in warehousing at the central warehouse level.
- Provide strategic guidance to the county warehouse managers and supply chain coordinator on warehousing and supply chain issues.
- Strengthens local project capacity other government partners in warehousing and distribution.
- Ensure that all of the VectorLink warehousing best practices and tools are being used for management of IRS commodities, and that all procedures are done in accordance with the IRS Best Management Practices.
- Promote use of PMI VectorLink computerized warehouse management system, recommend improvements and strategically lead further implementation at all county warehouses.
- Promote the use of data to inform and guide decision making by continually identifying gaps and developing corrective actions as needed.
- Develop and implement a plan to transfer key warehousing functions to the MOH/county government
- Quality control and receipt of delivered goods, and the processing of customs clearance, tax reimbursement.
- Management of the project’s inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting.
- Directs and supervises the storage, distribution, and transport of IRS commodity goods and equipment throughout the target counties and sub-counties.
- Ensuring accountability for all IRS inventory at all operational sites.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Secondary School completion (minimum), or a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field e.g. procurement and logistics, supply chain management (desirable).
- At least two (2) years of experience in quantifications and supply planning and/or supply chain management systems.
- Skilled in the design and use of MIS systems for warehouse operations.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- English proficiency required.
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu, Kenya
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Office Manager” by COB Tuesday, July 31st, 2018.
Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.