UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No: 023/2018
Post Title: Human Resources Associate (Recruitment)
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: G-6
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year
Date of issue: 19 July 2018
Closing Date: 1 August 2018
Organizational Background: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance
for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of National HR Officer and the overall supervision of Head of HR Unit.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Receive and review recruitment requests, verify that supporting documentation to initiate recruitment process are in order, and draft Vacancy Announcements and issue them to the agreed channels maintaining accurate documentation;
- Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs particularly timely analysis and reporting of recruitment key performance indicators;
- Following set procedures, receive, analyze and screen candidates’ applications using set benchmarks, prepare shortlists and submit them to the hiring units. Proactively follow up on response from the hiring units;
- Ensure that WFP issued human resource and personnel policy manuals, rules, regulations, guidelines, and circulars, are complied with and inform the supervisor of any breach or irregularities in the selection process;
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. note for the records, Local Recruitment Committee/Local Appointment and Promotion minutes, reference checks, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines;
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines; particularly in the area of recruitment and selection and ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data;
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards including preparation and updating of standard operating procedures under area of responsibility;
- Supervise and provide guidance to junior staff in the recruitment cell, support rapid recruitment and deployment of staff, and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports;
- Support in workforce and succession planning through identifying upcoming gaps and means to fill them and contribute to gender parity targets and initiatives;
- Support activities in the areas of work in compliance with relevant processes and procedures including reclassification of positions and maintaining/updating of recruitment master plan;
- Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries to ensure that clients are well informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Any other duties as may be required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education, and post-secondary qualification in Human Resource Management, International Relations, Psychology, or related field.
Experience: At least five years progressive work experience in the field of Human Resources, including direct experience in recruitment and selection and the use of e-recruitment tools. Previous work experience in the UN system/WFP is desirable.
Prior work experience in emergency settings is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of HR business processes, procedures and tools;
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and cross-functionally with different partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills;
- Knowledge of the latest electronic recruitment systems and tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to CLICK HERE to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.