An Exciting Opportunity: IT Manager
Zetech University is a premier university offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond. The University offers programmes in Information Technology, Business, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Communication and Media Studies.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
The University has experienced positive growth in student enrolment and programme expansion. To support this growth, and in line with our commitment to bring on board qualified, skilled and motivated staff driven by passion for their work and career growth, we are seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of IT Manager.
The successful candidate will be an innovative individual who not only dreams of realizing a dynamic, tech-powered environment but also possesses strong capability in actualizing ideas into actions and results.
Individual talent supported by an achievement background shall take prominence over academic qualifications.
Reporting to the DVC – Academics, Research, Extension & Student Affairs, the objective of the position is to provide leadership in planning, designing, implementing, and sustaining university ICT operations for administrative and academic purposes with the following responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing transformational IT projects, including Enterprise Systems Management
- Proven ability in raising the level of ICT utilization as a change and innovation driver
- Strong business acumen, excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field from a recognized university
- Professional certification in Microsoft (MCSE or MCITP), Data Center (infrastructure or architecture) will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Server, Linux, and Virtualization
- Practical knowledge of storage technologies: SAN, NAS, SAS
- Solid understanding of data center infrastructure; hardware and software specifications
- Practical Knowledge of ITiL or CoBIT Procedures
- Relationship building skills for sustaining Business Chemistry with relevant partners and stakeholders;
- Results oriented with effective problem solving techniques
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
For the detailed Job Description, refer to our website via the link careers.zetech.ac.ke
How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address -firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/52 indicating the current and expected salary not later than 26th July 2018.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER