Vacancy: Accounting Clerk
Location: Nairobi & Mombasa
Our client, a leading clearing & forwarding logistics company, is looking for skilled Accounting Clerks to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Ultimately, the successful Accounting Clerks will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions are run accurately and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities for Accounting Clerk
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
Qualifications Requirements for Accounting Clerk:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or relevant field
- CPA qualification a plus
- 1 -2 years’ experience is required preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk or similar role
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Accounting Clerk) to: email@example.com before 14th September 2018.
N.B: Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet the above minimum set selection criteria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV.