Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
Overview: ACDI/VOCA is currently implementing a $45 million, five-year program entitled “Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems (LMS)” development projects in Northern Kenya funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The aim of the USAID Kenya Feed the Future LMS program is to strengthen people’s resilience to shocks and stresses and reduce the prevalence and depth of poverty, household hunger, and chronic undernutrition.
The program aims to do so by taking collective action on economic opportunities, and by strengthening institutions, market systems, governance, and human capital.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking for experienced and talented professional for the PREG Coordinator position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The position holder will report to the Technical Coordinator
The Partnership for Resilience and Economic Growth (PREG) brings together humanitarian and development implementing partners funded by USAID to build resilience among vulnerable pastoralist communities in ASAL counties.
The PREG Coordinator will facilitate cross-partner engagements facilitating sequencing, layering and integration, while working closely with USAID. He/she will support in organizing partnership events requiring a significant amount of time and attention-to-detail across a range of assistance sectors from emergency, relief, humanitarian to development.
The position holder will we endeavor to be a single point of contact to streamline the partnerships’ communications as much as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The PREG Coordinator will undertake a variety of administrative and program coordination tasks. To help in planning and organizing PREG programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties in close collaboration with the donor, partnership and other departments.
To excellently fit this role, you must be organized and detail-oriented and comfortable working with diverse teams. If you have further skills in the following areas, we’d like to meet you.
- Schedule and coordinate PREG meetings & events with all necessary participants both internally within PREG and externally ensuring events run smoothly, efficiently and handle any crisis that may come up
- Support in controlling PREG events from conception to clean up, meeting clients including consultants to work out event details, plan with the client, scout and book locations, food, entertainment, equipment and ensure clean-up arrangements
- Create, Update and distribute PREG related events materials through the selected channels
- Manage the PREG events calendar both at the national and counties level supporting the PREG County Leads in delivering their roles
- Prepare all PREG event attendee materials including attendee lists (multiple uses) name badges, tent cards, table cards, place cards and contact lists as well as assembly of updated binder and event materials needed to support the events
- Train and coordinate county level PREGs to carry out their strategic duties
- Plan and coordinate annual learning events and other special events as requested by the donor. These are most often field based and require significant logistical coordination. Other events can include partner speed dating exercises, trainings, mission wide coordination events, and other on demand meetings/trainings
- Support development and implementation of a PREG learning agenda lead by the LMS CLA Manager
- Work with the partnership in supporting PREG events and processing necessary invoices related to the events
- Update PREG information into appropriate event database and website and report on status as needed to the partnership
- Develop and maintain all databases for Institutional Events, requiring the ability to download and upload files and manipulate/create fields to capture all necessary information with support from IT department
- Provide backup support for all digital media tasks in leveraging advice from the communication department
- Maintain GIS map of partner activities and avail this information as required within partnership
- Develop a structured feedback mechanism that will provide correct and timely data and information to USAID and PREG project decision makers and stakeholders
- Access and recommend capacity building opportunities for PREG partners based on identified gaps.
- Agenda/program development – develop an extensive experience of putting together engaging conference & meeting programmes that fit specific objectives, encouraging delegate attendance and aiming to exceed audience expectations on the day
- Speaker co-ordination & management – coordinate with others on the best speakers for events and manage their participation, from securing a date, agreeing fees, conducting pre-event briefings and ensuring smooth-running logistics on the day
- Audio & visual set organization – work with venue hosts to provide adequate solutions that allow smooth running of events while reinforcing partnerships visibility
- Registration, delegate payments & badging – develop a wide range of cost-effective pre-event registration and badging solutions maximizing conversion from pre-registrations to actual attendees on the day, including processing delegate fees (if applicable) and pre-booking individual delegate agendas for the day
- PREG materials production, including website and Brochure – leverage IT and communication departments in documenting and generating materials for targeted audience and their access and making sure the event proposition matches the audience needs
- Post-event surveys & analysis – undertake On-site feedback forms and post-event surveys are all part of the service we provide to know if your event has met its objectives, so that you can assess its effectiveness and plans
- Other duties related to PREG and CLA as assigned.
Qualifications & Attributes required:
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferable) in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of progressively relevant experience in partnerships management, technical events organization, communications, organizational learning and/or strategic learning in international development
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with donors, stakeholders, collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong partnership support service and interpersonal skills able to engage diverse portfolio of partners
- Ability to remain calm during high pressure and high level of organization
- Ability to create knowledge sharing products for the partnership
- Ability to support integrate lessons learned into PREG workplans and implementation
- Awareness, sensitivity, and understanding of cross-cultural issues particularly in representing a US-based agency
- Great negotiation skills
- Ability to travel to the Northern ASAL counties 30-50% of the time
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than August 22, 2018. In the subject line, please include the position title.
Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.