Acuity are the advisory business from Atkins.
We help to successfully deliver our clients’ big ambitions for infrastructure and energy, worldwide.
The Acuity way is results-driven and engineering-led, to make our partnerships higher value and more rewarding. Together, our core areas of expertise enable us to deliver seamless, results-driven advisory solutions.
We are seeking a Transport Manager to support the business development for Acuity’s transport Advisory sector in Africa. You will closely with the market lead to develop business and deliver projects.
The role will require to make frequent travels across Africa, especially in East Africa.
You will have an appetite for supporting commercial growth of the company and the drive to develop your career in a true multi-disciplinary international consultancy environment.
This is a permanent position and it is expected that the position will be based in our offices in Kenya or Tanzania.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the transport advisory market
- Undergraduate and post graduate qualification in transport planning or relevant subjects (i.e. transport economics, geography, transport engineering);
- Membership of a relevant professional body;
- Good technical leadership experience;
- A good understanding of the African Transport Advisory market;
- Good networking capability. Having an existing good client network in several African countries will be highly advantageous;
- Good technical report writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Highly numerate and the ability to apply the right professional judgment in solving challenging problems;
- Technical and management skills relating bid writing and project management;
- Technical skill relating to transport planning, urban planning, policy and strategy and transport economics;
- Experience of working across different modes – road, rail, freight, aviation, public transport– would be advantageous;
- Project management skill developed through working in international development consultancy environment; and
- Experience of working or delivering projects for International Funding Institutions like the World Bank, African Development Bank, JICA, EU.
How to Apply
Email your CV and application to HR.Africa@atkinsglobal.com