Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
POSITION: Administration and Logistics Associate – Field Office, Kenya
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 25th July 2018
START DATE: 1st September 2018
DURATION: 1 Year (Renewable)
ELIGIBILITY: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Position: The Administration and Logistics Associate under the general supervision of the HR and Administration Manager and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures, will manage country office systems that support the administrative and logistical needs of the IPA Kenya office.
S/he will supervise the Admin teamacross the country and will have significant collaboration with other support departments (HR, Operations, Finance and Procurement). Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administration and Logistics
- Coordinate Office Administration: jointly supervise the Administrative Assistants to ensure that IPA’s offices are managed efficiently.
- Scheduling work assignments across Administrative staff, setting priorities for the department.
- Lead performance planning and management for the Administrative team.
- Take the lead on Administration onboarding of new staff.
- Regularly update the administration and logistics documents, policies and procedures.
- Plan and Coordinate Administrative procedures and systems and device ways to streamline processes.
- Office Space allocation management.
- Organize and supervise office activities, including renovations, event planning etc.
- Keep up with organizational changes and new developments to be able to support from the administrative front.
- Manage other IPAK Administrative Services: examples include travel, vehicle management and visitors’ logistics, maintenance of internal IPAK communication systems such as internal Management contact email list.
- Capacity building and training of the Admin team.
Finance and Procurement
- Developing and managing departmental Budget
- Monitor Administrative Staff invoice registers and ensuring submission of invoices to finance department on a timely manner.
- Auditing the invoice registers regularly to ensure contracted suppliers have been paid on time.
- In charge of compiling running costs across all IPA-K offices and allocating them to funding sources accordingly.
- Work with Procurement Associate in the procurement and management of all contracted suppliers and ensuring they have valid contracts.
Occupational Safety and Health
- Work with the HR and Senior Management to ensure that the organization is compliant with the Occupational Safety and Health Act provisions in terms of compliance; training, audits and committee meetings.
- Act as Liaison with other departments to ensure compliance with the Act.
- Screen incoming correspondence on the info-Kenya email and ensure critical and sensitive information flows to the appropriate persons in a timely manner, and follow up as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, preferably business Administration
- At least 3 years of experience managing staff
- Knowledge of working processes: procurement cycle, fleet management, etc
Required skills, qualities and attributes:
- Demonstration of strong leadership skills
- Excellent word, excel and mail merge skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team leader but collaborative
- Ability to prioritize among many pressing issues
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Previous experience in an international organization
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Administration and Logistics Associate. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA