HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) – Kenya Office
Kenyan Nationals Only
Job title: Administration Assistant Volunteer
Duration: 6 Months
Reporting to: Logistics and Administration Manager
Vacancy Description: HIAS is an international nonprofit organization with a stand for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety and freedom. HIAS operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through community based protection including psychosocial support, resilience building, resettlement and provision of durable solutions.
HIAS seeks to recruit an administration assistant volunteer who will be required to proactively be involved in providing comprehensive administration, HR Support, logistical and procurement support to the HIAS field and office teams and be an active and participatory member of the HIAS team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the HIAS Mimosa Location’s front office including responding to all official enquiries, making formal appointment and coordinating programs diary; planning meetings and taking minutes.
- Handling administrative requests and queries from senior managers.
- Assist in maintaining an efficient office filing system and management of general office correspondences;
- Assisting in management of the staff welfare kitchen and supplies.
- Assist in offering logistical support for official travel
- Coordination and management of staff meetings; trainings. Including booking of venues and travel arrangements as required.
- Assist in making reservations for staff working in the field as well as guests/staff visiting the field office for missions.
- Providing support in dispatch and receiving of parcels to and from the field location.
- Support the Human Resource Specialist through leave management, and any other request as advised from time to time.
- Assist in maintaining an assets management system.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
Qualifications for the Administration Assistant Volunteer Job
- Diploma in Business Management, Business Administration, Human Resource or any other closely related field.
- Minimum relevant experience required
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in providing front office and office administration support preferably with an INGO.
- Excellent knowledge of basic computer applications (Particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), and use of the internet.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to resolve conflicts arising in the work environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Preferred Skills & Competences
- Good levels of numeracy.
- Knowledge and exposure to the social and cultural values of the region concerned.
- Good communication skills as well as Proficiency in local language(s).
- Proven commitment to and understanding of HIAS’ vision, mission and core values.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating the Vacancy Number HRTK/V-AA/8/2018 on the subject line by 31st August 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Late applications will not be considered.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer.