SUNY RF | AHADI
Exciting Career Opportunity: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Background Information: The Agile and Harmonized Assistance for Devolved Institutions (AHADI) is a five year USAID program implemented by the State University of New York’s (SUNY) Center for International Development (CID).
AHADI is funded by both USAID and DFID. The program is designed to support Kenya’s vision and agenda for achieving the promise of devolution. The program’s interventions aim to promote governance systems that are transparent, accountable, effective in service delivery, and responsive to empowered citizens by working at both the National and County Government levels.
AHADI has three main objectives:
1. Targeted counties provide higher quality services through improved governance.
2. Improved representation of citizen interests and oversight of targeted County Government performance.
3. Functionality and effectiveness of the devolved system increased through intra-government engagement and cooperation.
AHADI is primarily a Democracy Rights and Governance (DRG) program focused on improving the governance of Kenya’s new decentralized system. It is an integrated governance program that uses sector entry points to achieve both governance and sector outcomes.
These sectors include but are not limited to good governance, resilience and economic growth, education, climate change and disaster risk reduction.
The program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated:
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- Attend the NSA activities and give feedback on data collection in the ground.
- Collate data on a monthly basis from the NSA’s and report any correction/reviews with the NSA’s.
- Report on the gaps in the data received from the NSA’s and share with M&E focal point at AHADI.
- Review and analyze the data from the NSA’s to assess for quality reporting, targets vs achieved and against the narrative report.
- Conduct spot checks and data quality assessments at the NSA’s institutions in collaboration with the M&E focal point at AHADI.
- Collate and analyze the data from the NSA’s into the AHADI indicator data template and GIS template as described in the M&E plan.
- Store the data received from the NSA’s in soft (excel, reports, Activity database) and hard (List of Participants, Post Evaluation Questionnaires, Reports, Laws, Guidelines, and Training materials) copies.
- Support the MERLA Officer in coordinating and facilitating learning between AHADI and the NSA’s
- Undertake any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor
- University degree in social sciences, monitoring and evaluation, statistics or other relevant field
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar position with local or international NGO
- Able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Experience in using either SPSS and/or Stata among other data analysis package with experience in using GIS an added advantage
- Competency in Microsoft Excel, word, Access and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills
- Good at writing reports
- Keen on detail
- Team player and ability to multi-task
- Team player and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to meet deadlines and cope with pressing timelines;
- Problem solving and basic counselling skills
Languages: English language fluency required.
Skills and Abilities
- Diplomacy and negotiation when working with community and Government representatives.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to identify institutional needs e.g. capacity gaps and design appropriate interventions
- Project cycle management.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills i.e. ability to build strong relationships with partner counties.
- Good management skills.
How to Apply
If you possess the skills and qualifications as contained in the position’s description, please send to
(1) a Cover letter
(2) CV and
(3) References from three Professional Referees, one referee should be a previous or current supervisor.
Closing date: September 07, 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly put the position you are applying for as the subject line.
Applications without the position as the subject line will not be evaluated.
SUNY-AHADI is an equal opportunities employer.