Amoretti Kindergarten School located along Thika Road is looking to fill the following position:
Lower Primary Teacher
We are seeking an experienced, competent and dynamic teacher who is committed to teach our Lower primary school.
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures good teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behavior
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of
- Good command of English, Mathematics, social studies, Kiswahili and creativity
- Determine, organize, implement and monitor the syllabus coverage within the year
- Maintain an effective relationship with parents to support and improve pupil’s achievement and personal development
- Promote extracurricular activities in accordance with the school calendar
- Ensure that parents and pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress and about the contribution they can make in supporting their child’s learning and achieving the school’s target for improvement.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development, Diploma in Education or P1
- Knowledge and experience in the new competency bases curriculum
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching in Lower Primary teaching Mathematics, English, Kiswahili and Science/Social Studies/Christian Religious
- Proven ability to prepare teaching aids and lesson plans with good hand writing skills
- Ability to establish and enforce rules for behavior and class control
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Good organization and communication skill
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- Must demonstrated passion for teaching and children
- Proven track record in co-curricular activities
- Registered with Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your resume to Amorettikindergarten@gmail.com for consideration.
Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please also indicate your current and expected salary.
Applications should reach us not later than August 30, 2018.