Job Vacancy: Assistant General Manager – Civil / Mechanic Projects
Our client is an Engineering and Construction company specializing in steelworks and steel structures with an inclination to oil and gas industry, marine as well as mining.
They seek to hire a candidate with a strong business development approach in Engineering to fill the role of Assistant General Manager.
She/ He will be tasked with enhancing the overall project business administration, risk and quality management.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Roles and Responsibilities
- Profit loss responsibility over projects in this department with a wide scope of projects.
- Develop Projects – and Workshop- Management into a self-sustaining environment where the overall principle of operation becomes embedded in team behavior
- Manage the production process as Chief Operations Office of Civil Mechanical, Oil and Gas Projects and mechanical workshop, empower its planning and implementation capacity.
- Direct and manage the team involved in civil and mechanical projects and the mechanical workshop in terms or productivity and cost management.
- Manage costing of commercial submissions and clients expectation on works in progress.
- To strengthen the organization’s Civil and Marine projects, back up the civil mechanical works.
- To strengthen and produce with the employees of the company’s work methods that meet best industrial practice and the required standards, meeting client demands/expectations.
- Technically, Project Management support staff and/or customers regarding equipment standards, assisting with specific and difficult in-service engineering.
- Provide management guidance for production, quality, safety, environment in house and on our projects and liaise with large national and international clients.
- Maintain a designated portfolio of large projects and lead the PMO (Project Management Organization) team to develop their successful approach.
- Lead and grow the oil and gas, and mining projects developments, commercial back-up and operational guidance, staff recruitment and projects organization.
- Back-up business development, production, product, client and the admin of such.
- Set annual targets (KPIs) and chase these, do monthly progress reviews.
- Act as the 2nd in commend after the General Manager contributing to structural organizational improvements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree / Master’s Degree in Engineering additional Commercial knowledge or experience, preferably an MBA.
- Over 5 years’ experience in Top Management Positions.
- Experience in ship building and civil works, at operational and management levels.
- Multicultural management experience.
- Planning, budgeting and costing, reading financial statements
- Data and commercial analyses, commercial awareness and alertness
- Engineering and design – structural production productivity enhancement
- Action oriented realist, innovative inclination only of practical value
- Client needs analyses and expectation management
- Planning and scheduling, leadership in implementation
- A decisive leadership, applied experience and commercial alertness.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Assistant General Manager – Civil /Mechanical Projects) to Vacancies@corporatestaffing.co.ke before Friday, 17th August 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands.