Job Title: Assistant Manager Cost Accountant
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Manufacturing Finance Manager
Job Summary: This role is responsible for the ongoing analysis of product inventory liability calculations, process constraints, target costing, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Prior experience in manufacturing industry is highly desired
- Analyzing data collected and recording results.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories.
- Conduct stock taking exercise to ascertain stock amounts against available records.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- The ideal candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Business-related field
- Possession of professional qualification in CPA, ACCA.
- A minimum five (5) years working experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience working with different departments on development and analysis of cost standards
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems is an added advantage.
- Ability to independently plan and execute tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation plus excellent organization skills.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd August 2018, clearly indicating the job title.