Position: Shop Manager
Reporting to: Head of Retail Department
Salary: 50,000 – 60,000
Contract duration: 6 months (Renewable based on performance)
Probation period: 3 months
- Effectively manage the branch within the company rules, policies and procedures.
- Managing shop staff performance and punctuality.
- Controlling costs and setting sales targets for staff and monitoring their progress.
- Tactful when dealing with genuine complaints and awkward customers.
- Marketing the shop to potential customers and coming up with special promotional ideas.
- Anticipating and dealing with any disputes or safety issues.
- If necessary recruiting and training other staff members.
- Organizing work schedule and holiday rotas.
- Ensure to have clear understanding of Betin products and promotions and pass it on to the team.
- ENSURE THAT NO MEMBER OF STAFF PLACE BETS ON CREDIT.
- Motivate and encourage team members, individually and through assistants, to contribute their best effort and work on weaknesses and challenges.
- Demonstrate leadership techniques that constantly recognize and encourage positive work of employees by sharing knowledge and insight in a meaningful and supportive manner (tell them), demonstrating methods (show them) and coaching them, and observing and following-up on needed improvements (have them show you).
- Maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation/industry regulations.
- Updating the notice boards that show current betting opportunities with sport fixtures.
- To organize and conduct the shop profit banking.
- In charge of all cash flow, pay outs, reconciliations both at the start and at the end each day.
- Responsible and accountable for all funds registered at the shop and for reporting to Head Office all staff shortages or misuse of company’s funds.
- Reports; ensure timely preparation of daily, weekly, monthly reports for the sales, expenses and any other report that may be requested from time to time.
- Prepare daily reports and forward them to the Head of Retail, or as advised.
- Ensure that all Tellers have done proper accountability for all the cash in.
- To reconcile daily cashiers profit and update the virtual balance.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Numerate and capable of working quickly and accurately.
- Good communication skills.
- A flair for customer service and the ability to build a good rapport with customers.
- Number skills, to ensure payments are accurate.
- A good knowledge of sports and of the products and services offered by the company.
- To be able to work effectively under pressure.
- To be well-organized and able to deal with several tasks at once.
- Business awareness.
- Basic IT skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- To be alert and observant.
- Confidence, to handle difficult situations or troublesome customers.
- Leadership, negotiation and people management skills.
- Previous retail management experience can be an advantage.
Interested candidates to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position as the subject by Friday 31st August 2018.