Our client is in production, marketing and distribution of a biopesticide in Kenya. The product has been launched into the market and production has begun.
They are seeking to recruit an enterprising General Manager with a solid understanding and experience of transacting agricultural inputs. The successful candidate shall oversee the operations of the plant based in Machakos, with a primary focus on growing revenues by developing business across the country and managing distribution.
Reporting to the Board of Management, he/she will be responsible for the overall performance of the plant.
In particular the person will be expected to:
- Develop and execute strategy to grow business
- Establish powerful networks at county and national levels and with various stakeholders which will pave way for business development.
- Liaise with national government, county government and private sector players to run farmer trainings for the product.
- Develop and manage the entire sales cycle from receiving orders to effective communication with customers to timely product delivery
- Manage the financial aspects of the entire plant operations to achieve cost efficiency i.e. labour, material and overhead expenses.
- Direct and manage plant operations from production, maintenance and quality, as well as inventory, warehousing and shipping and receiving.
- Prepare production plans as per the demand in the market and market projections.
- Oversee procurement of the raw materials to meet production requirements.
- Manage and maintain existing plant facilities and equipment in appropriate working condition to meet business needs.
- Work toward continuous improvement in efficiency and productivity of the plant.
- Oversee the development and continuous review of standard operating procedures as well as ensuring their effective implementation
- Ensure that the plant, processes and its products meet all regulatory and health and safety guidelines.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BSc. Degree in Agricultural or Mechanical engineering, Food Processing/Technology or Biological/Agricultural sciences., with a secondary qualification in sales and marketing
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the food/feed or seed/ agro-input processing industry, preferentially within a commercial or semi-commercial setting with a solid understanding of process engineering: design, operation, control and optimization.
- Proven leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Good verbal, report writing and general communication skills.
- Honest, vigilant and can work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Apply Now via our recruitment portal.
This will require you create a profile, attach your detailed and up to date CV and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements on or before Friday 7th September 2018.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Visit our website for more vacancies.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.