Book Sales Representatives
We are looking for suitable candidates to fill regional positions in Kenya on a contract and commission basis, graduating to permanent terms upon proof of performance.
Region: Our area of focus is Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Eldoret and Machakos.
Company Profile: We are a broad based educational company involved in book publishing, educational consultancy, strategy mapping, printing and book distribution. We are a leading supplier of differentiated quality educational products in the East African marketplace. We have a singular focus of providing learners and the general reading public with quality, differentiated books for all levels of education – Early Childhood (ECDE), Primary, Secondary and Tertiary.
Our Mission: To create and publish books and other educational solutions that sharpen and enrich the users’ lives.
Our Vision: To be the leading supplier of differentiated quality educational products in the East African marketplace.
Job Purpose: It entails meeting business goals and working to achieve long term growth of book products in public and private schools in Kenya. The candidate will liase with bookshops and form a network for purposes of reaching and surpassing targets. It will call for great ingenuity and resilience as they pursue leads and mature them into orders.
You will be expected to:
- Market and undertake sales activities to ensure that targets are met and performance targets maintained.
- Develop work programmes and schedules
- Collect payments
- Advice management on new areas of sales improvement.
- Participate in the preparation of sales annual budgets in consultation with the Chief Sales Officer.
- Monitor competition activities and advise the company on counter strategies.
- Apply the policy and criteria for credit customers
- Prepare periodic reports on sales activities and performance targets
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree holder
- Work Experience: Experience in direct sales and willing to learn.
- Personal skills
- Results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Enjoys working in a team and reporting on their activities
- Able to work with autonomy and willing to travel intensively on business
- Able to prioritize
- Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen
Sound like a job for you?
How to work with us?
Life at our organisation means forming a relationship and collaborating with dedicated professionals in a vibrant environment.
Apply by sending your CV and Cover letter PDF format to email@example.com with the position as the subject on or before 7th September 2018.