Vacant Position: Assistant Operations Manager – Casual Dining Restaurants
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client, a market leader in Hospitality is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented Assistant Operations Manager – Casual Dining Restaurants.
He/she must be a strong and hands on manager who has a background in managing Casual Dining Restaurant and an expert in the said area with a successful track record.
He/she MUST be very conversant with casual dining menus and recipes. He/she will be responsible for the appearance, service standards and on-the-job day-to-day training of the subordinate F&B positions within the Restaurant to develop their professional skills and prepare them for future advancement, promotions and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the assignment of duties, responsibilities and workstations to direct reports making sure that the highest quality of food and service are offered to guests all the time according the restaurant’s standards
- He/she will be in charge of the Casual Dining Restaurants and will be tasked with ensuring that daily turnovers, budgeted gross profits and net profits are attained through consistent upholding of set operations standards whilst enhancing fulfilment of total customer satisfaction
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service, product quality, hygiene and cleanliness, and maintenance
- Lead, consult with and influence Restaurant management and staff to develop, update and execute operational plans and strategies
- Give complementary training and development processes to continuously grow and improve restaurant management
- Ensure key processes and plans are in place through regular restaurant visits (minimum weekly), monthly evaluations and data analysis.
- To ensure that monthly sales, gross profit and expense budgets are met, and review financial performance weekly and for the stipulated accounting periods
- Make sure that all the Casual Dining Restaurant staff are trained and familiar with restaurant regulations and sanitation in all work stations is up to the required standards
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration; Hospitality Management, Culinary Schooling or any other related field from a recognized institution
- 10 years proven work experience as a Casual Dining Operations/Restaurant Manager
- Extensive Food and Beverage (F&B) knowledge
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and willing to work beyond normal scheduled work hours as necessary
- Reliable, driven, self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess multitasking ability for getting several tasks done within a short period
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 20th August 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.