Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd
Job Vacancy: Claims and Benefits Officer – Life Business
Ref. No. CBA/HR/08/2018
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd is a member of MMI Holdings Limited, a global player in Health, Life and Short term Insurance, and operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK. The Long-Term Business (Life Business) is seeking to fill the above listed position with a dynamic, forward thinking achiever with expertise in the Life Insurance field.
Purpose of the Role: Reporting to the Assistant Manager – Life Operations, the Claims and Benefits Officer will effectively manage claims and benefits processing, by ensuring standards of claims service and overall work are achieved in contribution towards the mission and vision of the company
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Process, negotiate and settle all claims in accordance with the authority limits and TATs.
- Coordinate medical assessments, process discharge vouchers and finally process claims as per the guidelines
- Advise and make recommendations to the relevant authorities in cases of need for ex-gratia and non-standard claims
- Reconcile with Finance team on all claims paid off system and make follow ups to see that claims are finally processed
- Keep Reinsurance and Finance advised of any material claims as set out in claims authority and claims protocols and procedures and work with Reinsurance to effect recoveries
- Review of unclaimed assets and process them as and when identified and make appropriate recommendations for decision making
- Prepare timely, accurate and informative periodical and project reports
- Respond to all queries within the set TATs and ensure that the TAT’s are adhered to
- Building relationships with new and existing clients
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance related field
- Progress in ACII/IIK qualifications
- 3 – 5 years in experience in Group and Retail life claims
Required skills and Competencies
- In depth understanding of Life Insurance laws, practices and regulatory requirements in Kenya.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good understanding of claims processing
- Good customer service, communication and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th August 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Metropolitan Cannon Assurance Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, therefore canvassing will automatically be disqualified