Our client is in the hospitality business with four (4) hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp.
They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
The job holder is responsible for operation of the vessels (speed boats and ferry) and is responsible for the safety of the crew.
- Operating the speed boat/ferry as per the procedures for maximum guest satisfaction
- Together with the Maintenance Supervisor, undertake routine maintenance of the boats and the ferry to ensure they in the right working condition
- Reporting the repair issues to the Maintenance Supervisor for further action to ensure general upkeep of the vessels
- Ensuring crew(guests’) safety while on the vessels
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Certificate in a relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in speedboat and ferry operation
- Should have undergone a Coxswain training in speedboat and ferry operations
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective security operations for employees and assets
- Must be willing to stay at the workstation in Kisumu
- Should be a Certified Coxswain by the Kenya Maritime Authority
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th August, 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “Coxswain’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.