PMI VectorLink Kenya Project
Data Entry Clerks – Advanced
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks candidates to assist in implementing in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori and Eight Sub- counties (Rangwe, Homabay Township, Ndhiwa, Mbita, Rachuonyo North, Kabondo, Kasipul and Suba) in Homabay county Kenya in the following temporary positions:
NB: These positions will be on a short term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis.
Position: Data Entry Clerks – Advanced
Team Lead: Data Entry Clerk Team Lead
Location: Migori and Homabay Counties, Kenya
No. Required: 76 (35 Migori and 41 Homabay)
Overall Purpose: To manage efficient data entry and data base support services to Vectorlink County project in co-ordination with the DEC Team Lead and the overall supervision of the database coordinator. S/He will ensure proper data entry and filing system for IRS and other epidemiological data collected in the field.
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct daily.
- Ensure that data from the field captures defined variables.
- Ensure timely reporting on Vectorlink related coverage situations.
- Backing up the database daily
- Ensure daily filing of the data forms after entry into the database as per protocol
- Update the data centre tracking sheet daily
- Daily cleaning of data to eliminate discrepancies
Required qualifications and experience:
- Vocational training in IT related course
- 1 year experience desirable
- Additional professional training in data entry preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and flexibility to work long and unsociable hours
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to Kenya_IRSJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Data Entry Clerk” and specify the location/ward preferred by COB Wednesday, September 12th, 2018.
Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.