Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of General Manager – Commercial / Sales.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The General Manager – Commercial (Sales) is responsible for providing leadership and ensuring smooth running of the Sales Department.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage sales/marketing budgets and ensure sales targets are met.
- Ensure accurate preparation, and timely submission of sales and marketing reports to management and the Board.
- In-charge of sales and marketing strategy
- In-charge of product innovation and development of new products.
- Grow the business portfolio, oversee operation of marketing activities/programs, and development of marketing strategies in the company.
- Periodically conduct external and internal business analysis to understand, and adapt to changing client needs
- Implementing branding strategy to ensure Directline brand visibility.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage the Sales department and provide leadership to the team.
- Align the operations of the marketing with appropriate technology to increase operational efficiency.
- Prepare periodic reports for marketing/sales to the management and Board
- Implement marketing policies and ensure efficient administration.
- Understanding the customers and their needs.
Academic / Professional Qualifications:
- University degree preferably in marketing or sales.
- A Master’s degree in a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Possess professional qualification in Marketing with a minimum of diploma level.
- Good progress in ACII or equivalent from a recognized Insurance Institute.
- MUST have at least five (5) years’ experience in a busy sales or marketing department in a senior position preferably in the insurance or financial industry
- Supervisory and leadership skills managing team/department performance and staff
Skills and Attributes
- Compelling communication – ability to convey information and ideas in a clear and focused manner
- Business Savvy – demonstrated keen understating of business operations and levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth
- Ability to initiate and maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders.
- Possess leadership skill and ability to work with diverse teams
- Knowledge of operations of insurance industry and its interface with the Insurance Regulatory Authority.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Business strategy formulation and execution ability
- Sound Analytical and IT relevant skills.
- Member of a professional marketing body
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm 24th August, 2018.