Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Medical Doctor.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Medical Doctor is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the medical department, re-examination of road traffic accident victims, analysis, interpretation and verification of medical records pertaining to accident claims.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Re-examination of road traffic accident victims in order to provide a second opinion.
- Ensuring that the diagnosis and treatment is consistent with injuries sustained in the road traffic accident.
- Analysis, interpretation and verification of medical records pertaining to accident claims.
- Referral of accident victims for specialist review when necessary.
- Organizing for a specialist panel of doctors in his jurisdiction to cover the various array of injuries e.g. dental, orthopedic, gynecologic etc.
- Testifying in Court in regards to the extent and severity of injuries sustained as a result of the Road Traffic Accident.
- Visiting seriously injured patients to verify the extent of the injuries.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the various hospitals to confirm that claimant was treated in the specified health facility.
- Liaising with a view of working together with other medical staff in their given area- e.g. Medical Superintendents, Chief Records officers and other staff from the District / Provincial / other Hospitals in their jurisdiction.
- Increasingly undertaking managerial responsibilities such as planning the workload and staffing of the department.
- Preparation of medical reports and statistics.
Skills and Attributes
- High integrity and ethical level; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Have great attention to detail and able to get things done to completion
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality
Technical / Functional Skills
- Analysis of medical claims arising from road traffic accidents.
- Basic MS office skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Superior analytical and report writing skills.
- High moral and ethical standards with independence of mind and ability to defend his/her position on significant issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery(MBChB)
- Registered with the KMP&DB
- Valid current registration certificate
- 3 years working experience in a busy health facility post internship
- Working experience in the insurance industry is an added advantage
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm 31st August, 2018.