USAID | PEPFAR | IntraHealth International
Terms of Reference for Editing, Layout and Design Consultancy
1.0 Introduction and Background
The USAID-funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism was awarded to IntraHealth International on September 27, 2016 to run till September 30, 2021. The overall goal of the Project is to strengthen the Human Resources for Health systems in Kenya at both the National and County governments.
The project has 3 main objectives/sub-purposes:
1) Improve quality of training and increase number of graduating health workforce;
2) Improve management and leadership of health workforce at the county level;
3) Optimize data use for effective HRH decision making at national and county level.
Pursuant to objective 2, the project has developed policies and guidelines to support county in improving health systems and better management of the health
The project, from time to time, produces documents, including publications that require quality and standards before printing and distribution.
IntraHealth International Inc. intends to develop of a pool of individual consultant editors or corporates who from time to time will be called upon and assigned specific editing, layout and design tasks.
To copy edit and proofread project documents; format and design layout of the said documents to a print-ready electronic format.
3.0 Specific Activities
- Edit, proofread and format documents, as will be assigned from time to time, to ensure they are to the acceptable standards for printing and dissemination to the stakeholders.
- Design the Layout of the edited documents into a print-ready version.
4.0 Expected Deliverables:
1. Edited version of assigned documents
2. Design print layout of the documents
5.0 Duration of consultancy:
This is a case-by-case basis and timelines will be assigned to each assignment depending on the amount of work and expected deliverables.
6.0 Consultant Qualification
The consultant should have substantial knowledge and expertise in editing, layout and design with the following qualifications.
- Higher level of education; academic postgraduate degree in social sciences, human resource management and development and training and curriculum/policy development/preferred.
- Evidence of previous work in high level policy documents editing, layout and design.
- At least 10 years of experience in documentation and publishing of high level documents.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes to text as part of the review and feedback process.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work with diverse people at national, county and project levels.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in design and layout will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
If you meet these qualifications, please submit your CV and state your daily rate, by August 14, 2018 5.00p.m. and to email@example.com