Elysian Resort – Runda
Job Advert: Head of Sales and Marketing
Elysian Resort Runda is a 3 new star residential conferencing facility located in Runda, Nairobi.
The Resort is looking to hire a full time head of marketing.
Job Purpose: The Head of Marketing’s role is to maximize revenue through the development of sales and marketing strategies that appeal to the market.
- Responsible for the performance of the sales and marketing as well as the reservations team
- Set room sales targets for his/her team and ensures that they are met
- Contribute to and develop marketing plans and strategies;
- Create a focus to new markets
- Propose new products for emerging markets
- Manage marketing and related budgets;
- Manage and evaluate marketing campaigns;
- Monitor competitor activity;
- Liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations;
- Communicate with target audiences and manages customer relationships;
- Source advertising opportunities and places advert in the press – local, regional, national and specialist publications – or on the radio, depending on the organisation and the campaign;
- Media tracks and evaluate effectiveness of media campaigns
- Manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters etc;
- Liaise with designers and printers and arrange for effective distribution of marketing materials;
- Organise Photo shoots;
- Maintain and update customer databases;
- Organise and participate events such as fam trips, industry conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions;
- Conduct market research and market intelligence
- Support the Manager Operations and other colleagues
- Liaise with Advertising and PR Agencies
Qualifications for the head of marketing job
- Should have a degree in Social Sciences and additional professional courses in Marketing, advertising, sales and communications.
- A Hotel Management Diploma will be an added advantage
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar position in a large hotel.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants to send their applications to reach the undersigned email on or before 9th August, 2018.