Vacant Position: Procurement Officer
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client, an engineering company that offers solutions in Power Systems and Network roll-outs in Kenya is URGENTLY seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented Procurement Officer.
This position will be in charge of supply chain/procurement matters including planning and co-ordination of procurement services, estimating stock expenditure and stock control, establishing, managing and coordinating the procurement systems, structures and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing guidance on procurement policies and procedures including the implementation of all procurement laws, regulations and policies
- Establish and implement inventory policies and procedures
- Responsible for Management and implementation of store & stock control systems
- Sending out of RFQs, receiving quotations/bids and also receives supplies, records and ensures proper storage of the same
- Dispatch of project supplies to field offices
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely (weekly or monthly, as agreed) stock reports of all movements of stock in and out of the store using the material requests forms to the management
- Evaluate and compare suppliers’ products and services, maintaining accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Ensure purchases are within the working capital budget.
- Communicate company needs to suppliers and maintain good relationships with them for good credit terms.
- Maintaining acceptable, accurate inventory levels and utilisation rates by monitoring the duration and usage of inventory, ensuring par levels are always kept.
- Investigate physical count variances and resolve issues
- Other duties as assigned
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supplies or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 3 years proven professional experience in administrative and operational aspects of Procurement in a busy environment
- Experience in using legally established professional and transparent procurement policies and procedures
- Experience in the construction industry will be added advantage
- Experience in use of SAP system will be a big plus.
- Must have been involved handing international and local suppliers (supplier negotiations, applicable laws, thorough knowledge of import regulations, forwarding and clearing goods, insurance, shipping, letters of credit etc.)
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 14th August 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.