Our client, an engineering company that is mainly involved in power lines construction, substations design and construction, generators and switchgear installations, solar systems and power systems for transmission is seeking to recruit a Procurement Officer.
The person will be in charge of supply chain / procurement matters including planning and co-ordination of procurement services, estimating stock expenditure and stock control , establishing, managing and coordinating the procurement systems, structures and procedures.
Lastly, enforcement of procurement regulations, systems and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing guidance on procurement policies and procedures including the implementation of all procurement laws, regulations and policies.
- Establish and implement inventory policies and procedures
- Responsible for Management and implementation of store & stock control systems
- Sending out of RFQs, receiving quotations/bids and also receives supplies, records and ensures proper storage of the same.
- Dispatch of project supplies to field offices
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely (weekly or monthly, as agreed) stock reports of all movements of stock in and out of the store using the material requests forms to the management.
- Evaluate and compare suppliers’ products and services, maintaining accurate records of purchases and pricing. Ensure purchases are within the working capital budget.
- Communicate company needs to suppliers and maintain good relationships with them for good credit terms.
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels and ensure we keep accurate utilization rates by monitoring the duration and usage of inventory, ensuring par levels are always kept.
- Investigate physical count variances and resolve issues.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma or above in procurement or purchasing
- 2-3 years in a busy environment.
- Experience in the construction industry will be added advantage.
- Experience in use of SAP system will be a big plus.
- Must have been involved handing international and local suppliers (supplier negotiations, applicable laws, thorough knowledge of import regulations, forwarding and clearing goods, insurance, shipping, letters of credit etc)
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online